Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Swim Lessons | Trimcraft

Hey there!  I did a little crafting while I was worrying the other day.  Sometimes it helps to do something mindless while you stress!  Now don't get me wrong, I was also thinking how lucky I am!  Like the day when Claire at Trimcraft, a craft company out of the UK, contacted me and asked me if I would be interested in creating something with one of their new paper pads!  Well of course, you know I said YES!   And very shortly later two beautiful paper pads arrived at my door!

Today I am sharing a page that I created with the "Paradise Crush" papers!  This pad has gorgeous tones of light and dark teal, several tones of pink, coral and a hit of yellow and bright green.  It is oh so perfect and just what I needed once I heard we were in for - well, what I hope is the LAST winter storm of the season!


I pulled out some photos from last summer, of our youngest son and our pup in the lake.  He was teaching her how to swim.  A necessary tool for a chunky short-legged pup that loves the water!  And since I was stressing about this little girl she was the perfect subject to scrap!


I also pulled out this sketch from Scrapbook and Cards Today, as soon as I saw it in their Spring issue I knew it would be fun to play with!


I knew I wanted to use some of the coral paper to mat my whole layout, thinking it wold make the pictures pop since my son's shirt is an orange colour.  From there I pulled the pretty multi coloured palm pattern and the stripe.  Then I wanted a darker colour to mount my photos on so I opted for the speckled teal paper.


After trimming down my papers to sizes that resembled the sketch, I stitched the white paper to the coral background mat, and stitched the palm paper to the stripe.  The stitching on the teal paper is purely decorative.  Then I adhered all of the layers together.

I printed my photos at about 2.75 x 2.75 inches and added some craft foam to the back of them to help them pop, it also aides in tucking pretty things in and around the pics.


I fussy cut the fun flamingo and some pretty sparkly flowers from one of the patterned papers to use as embellishments on my page, a couple of the patterns in this collection have a glitter or sparkle like effect to them. I thought they were perfect for fussy cutting.



The wooden tag is from Michael's, purchased a long time ago.  And the tiny water drop and heart wood veneer are from Jillibean Soup. The alphas are from the now non existent Imaginisce, but the colour worked so perfectly and I really wanted to use them up!   I also created some print and cut labels using my Silhouette software, in colours that coordinated perfectly with this collection.  I tucked a couple of them into my clusters, as well.


Since the sketch suggests a frame of sorts around one of the photos, I pulled out some square chipboard from Creative Embellishments and used Apricot embossing powder to alter the colour.


This fun clip is from Freckled Fawn as is the Washi tape, and all of the gorgeous flair is from Accent Scrapbooking.

After ruffling up the edges of my papers (and getting a wicked paper cut) I added some splatters of water colour paint and called it a night!

Supply List: Trimcraft patterned papers; Scrapbook Accents flair; Creative Embellishments chipboard; Jillibean Soup and Michael's wood veneer; Freckled Fawn clip and Washi tape; Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher; Sharpie; Imaginisce alpha stickers; American Crafts Zing Embossing powder and bakers twine;  Leows water colour paints; Scrapbook and Cards Today sketch; Labels created by me; Recollections white cardstock.

Thanks so much for visiting!
Laura
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!